Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thoughts...

...swinging soundly.
Back and forth.
Teeter.
Totter.

I have a head. It is full of thoughts. When left unattended it causes lack of sleep, lack of appetite, lack of really caring about anything.

The things that I DO care about end up flashing morbid variations and skewed versions of the reality.

I'm currently on Lunesta. It seems to be the only thing that makes me sleep. 1mg, 2mg and 3mg is how they come. 1mg is what they give the average person with a sleeping disorder. 3mg is what they give the big boys with chronic insomnia. I take 4 a night. Is it just me or is that 12x the dosage of a regular person who randomly can't sleep?

And of course, two of the top side effects are: Hallucinations and Vivid Dreams. Sometimes I can't tell the difference. Am I dreaming these crazy things? Or am I actually doing these?

Does 'Blogger' exist? Am I actually typing this right now?

Hello?

Can you hear me?

"Yes!?" my dog responds.

"Seriously, Dude... you're a dog..." I lazily retort.

"You seem to have thoughts swinging soundly. Back and forth. Teeter. Totter."

"You Sir, are quite profound. Not to mention observant." I say, still skeptical of my talking dog... "Why don't you do you any other tricks but 'sit'? I mean, other dogs do them? And why do you only chew up random crap? Do you have mange? Do you feel lonely? Do you need a friend? Do you like me and Laura?..." I seem to mutter questions without hesitation.

"Bro, you need to slow down." says my dog.

"Seriously," I think to myself "am I REALLY taking advice from my dog?"

I suppose it makes sense. I mean, if my dog can talk I figure he's got to be relatively smart.

He's cute too. And part Chow-Chow. How now brown Chow... HA. I'm funny.... and mildly alone.

And by 'mildly' I mean a lot. Lonely enough for my mind to wander... to think. And when left unattended it causes lack of sleep, lack of appetite, lack of really caring about anything.

The things that I DO care about end up flashing morbid variations and skewed versions of the reality.

I like all of you... love most. Adore only one... and she's away. She's better than cake. And MAC computers.

As a matter of fact, she's better than:
_ guitars
_ amps
_ Italian sodas
_ iron and wood 'music man' figurines
_ Leppraclaus
_ ice cream
_ Lunesta (TM, of course)
_ talking dogs
_ Mexican food
_ Chinese food
_ Italian food
_ food in general
_ weight loss
_ red wine
_ lactic acid fermentation
_ surround sound systems
_ new baby smells (not the poopy kind though..)
_ baby seals
_ mush

... and much like a 'RONCO' commercial: MUCH, MUCH MORE!

Whatever... she's not here... maybe with some Lunesta, I can at least THINK she's here...

Okaybye.

p.s.- sorry for the rant.

3 comments:

Laura said...

There were parts of this that made me laugh hysterically! Parts that made me so sad. I will be home to you today, my sweet babe!

Anonymous said...

Hi am practicing making a comment.

Hope that you are having a good day.

We love having Laura here, sorry that you are missing her.

Love, Mom

Laura said...

To whom it may concern. I love you, and maybe you missed the previous blog where it says that I never want to be without you again, because everything is just better when you are around!

PS. I lvoe you