Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ants...

...they ate me....

.....ate me good.....

But seriously... I recently made some invites to give to Laura for an upcoming suiree. Now, if you know me, you know that I'm not good with that whole "remembering stuff" thing.... so needless to say, I was rather impressed with myself for bringing them home! Not to mention, I also remembered to bring home two Tupperware (not actual Tupperware, it's the off brand... you know... 'cause we're cheap....) that had been sitting in my office.

Well... naturally, I didn't remember to bring all of the stuff into my house.

Laura woke me this morning, asking where the invites were so that they could be cut a distributed accordingly. In my attempt to be chivalrous, I decided to roll out of bed (take a squeege) toss some shorts on (ewwwww...) and retrieve said forgotten items..

I should've worn waiters and galoshes , evidently...

Much to my surprise (which really shouldn't have surprised me at all) after opening my passenger door and filling my hands with the goods, I found myself in an immense amount of pain... generally in my footular region.

I looked down at my feet (insert fat joke here) to see them covered in roughly 1.3 billion ants. They proceeded to eat my feet, paying special attention to my right foot. (see below)

Due to the fact that my hands were full, and throwing my wifes invitations on the wet ground was not an option, I had to take it like a man, and leave the flesh eating terrors on my feet until I got in the house... at which point, I cried like a school girl.

That's my morning. It's a WONDERFUL start to my day...

(be on the look out for "The Slim-One Presents: '10 Things I'm Loving Right Now'" coming soon!)

2 comments:

Laura said...

1. sorry that the ants got you
2. I will get them for you
3. can't wait to see 'what you are lovin right now.'

Seedling said...

Majorly Mondo Mega sorry my invites made you get viciously attacked. If they were not my invites, i'm still sorry, I just wont be to blame.

Thanks for the invites tho! You do very good work on girly events ha! nice.