Friday, July 27, 2007

::GASP!!::

Wednesday

Hmmmm... what can be said of today?

I didn't really sleep last night. My leg hurt so badly... some of the worst pain I've ever felt. It's also quite swollen. No matter how I laid in the bed, I just couldn't get comfortable. So needless-to-say, I'm pretty tired. My leg hurts, and evidently when I had my right leg twisted up beneath me, I hurt my ankle somehow but didn't feel it until 3am.

Steve and Dougie B seem to think that I may have fractured my leg.

Not that I know anything about medicine, or the human body, but I doubt that it's fractured. I think it's just really bruised.

Lucky for me, we are taking a boy from the slums to a Dr. tomorrow to look at his leg. Evidently he broke it a little while back, but couldn't get it looked at, so he just had to "cast" it himself. Well, the bone seems to have healed, but there is this massive, oozing inflammation that he's had for a couple months. He showed it to us and we knew we had to get it taken care of, or he'd lose his leg!

Dougie B evidently has a contact with CURE and helped them to build a hospital in Cambodia, and the guy running CURE was all "If you ever need ANYTHING let me know!"

So Dougie B sent him an e-mail to get advice. The guy responded saying that there is a CURE hospital not too far from Nairobi, and to bring the boy in Thursday morning. How's that for God working quickly in this boy's (and ours) life!

While we're there with him, I'm going to have the Dr. just check my leg out and make sure that it's nothing serious.

Anyway...

We had a meeting at 10am with a company called Gitithia. Gitithia does micro-lending. This meeting was very long, and on account of it being in a office with no electricity, I couldn't film at all due to lack of light.

After that, we had a meeting at 1pm with C.H.E.S.S. (Christian Entrepreneurs Sacco, I don't really know what it means, nor do I know how they got "chess" out of it...) C.H.E.S.S. is a micro -lending company also. Again, very long and very boring. The light was better here... but at this point there was only 3 people in the meeting and the room looked like crap.. so I didn't film it.

Hmmm... back to the guesthouse to drop Martin off. Martin is from Partners Worldwide, yet another micro-lending firm.

Off to Trattoria for lunch with Dougie B. They were very busy and slow... this made Dougie B mad >: [ So today, for the first time, the waiter was not tipped ::gasp!::

Kinda funny really...

Back to the guesthouse to catch up on some writing, hoping that the Internet was up to send a couple e-mails and post on the blog... no luck... but it's only 6:30pm here (11:30am there) so maybe there's still hope for the net!

I love you guys... and so does Africa...

How about everyone I know move to Africa with me? That way I could stay here and still have all my friends and family?

S

p.s. today sucked, okaybye.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

you are kinda funny really. Wow. all of your stories are so interesting and, shall i say... captivating. i sit here at the computer staring at it with a blank face and then all of a sudden, you start saying something pretty much very funny and i get a big smile and i laugh.
Lauras lucky, really.
She misses you...as if you dont know such thing. psh.

Ah, and your leg story was a good one. It got me very adrenalinededed.

Those "lil fiffers" are so cute!