Saturday, July 28, 2007

I had the stir-fry Lamb and Almonds again...

Friday

Another kind of uneventful day.

I woke up... I ate breakfast... Steve picked us up.

We went down David Diamonds hotel to pick up some stuff that he left here for us. Some pens, some candy for the kids and such.

We when headed to Pipeline to meet with Pastor George real quick. He's doing a funeral today of one of the boys in his church, second one in two weeks. Crazy! We needed to take pictures of his "orphanage" to send to Dave to get his advice on how to build it up bigger and stronger.

Surprisingly, our brief meeting was actually brief for once.

We left there and went o the Village Market. This is in a SUPER upscale part of town, where are the people from the Embassies live. Lot's of white people... rich white people...

The Village Market is basically a mall. I really wasn't interested in the place, but we went there to try to meet up with Bobby Pall. Bobby is a mucho world-renowned photographer. He's the guy who made the book that my mom has.

He's world class... fantastic... and an AWESOME guy. Him and I really clicked, I think more-so than anyone else on this trip. He's a very encouraging guy, a very smart guy, and just an all around talented guy. It was good meeting him... I should've got a picture of him though!

Anyway... we met over Coke Lights at the place across the street from his studio. We talked about the project and how it's going and such. I told him of my lack of shots showing real need. See, everywhere we shot was like orphanages and such, where the kids were being well-fed and happy, so most of the shots I been able to get have all been of bright, smiling kids!

He told me that he would flip through his archive and pull out some good shots and put them on disc for me.

We decided to meet back up for dinner. Siam Thai it was!

We met up with Bobby at Siam Thai, I had the stir-fry Lamb and Almonds again. Just amazing!

After a good dinner, Bobby took us back to the AACC guesthouse for some sleep.

I got to talk to Laura again, over the Internet (man, I miss her voice!) and post some things and such...

Off to bed I went to get ready for my last FULL day in A-Freak-ah.

See youse guyses tomorrow!

S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing journey..thank you sooo much for sharing this with all of us! Your writing abilities are mesmerizing, your sense of humor is inspiring...and I LOVE the way you always say "good times" that was our Josher's favorite expression...it makes me smile!

Laura said...

Hi sweet babe. I can't wait to have a date with you on Monday.

Tessa said...

I think I've been looking every hour to see if you've posted something new. One thing to say about that:
1. Its summer, and sometimes I get bored and just stare at peoples blogs to see if they stinking update it.

Then again, I know that you were in cough, cough, CHOKE CHOKE Boston (home of HATRED AND HORROR, might I add...One must never sleep in a town such as that one. EVIL I TELL YOU! Stupid Red Sox are said to "reign" there.)Fiends.
Ah, and I hear it costs 10 foolish dollars to use the internet there. Again I say, FIENDS!


Mkay, rather long now.
As you like to say, "okaybye."