Friday, July 20, 2007

Trail mix? Red Box? Pringles?

It's a quarter 'til noon, local time (4:45am for you guys) and I'm FINALLY able to get to the Internet.

Dougie B got his luggage "lost" on account of him having multiple cell phones and laptops in his suitcase. I'll talk more on the corruption at the airport in a later post. But as I kept the laptop in my carry-on, nothing of mine was tampered with. I'm still not sure how all of my bags made it here safely... evidently, they didn't noticed the $8,000 worth of video equipment in my bags... they must have overlooked the beef jerky that Momma Mack packed me in my "Africa Survival Kit" either... lucky for me... as that was my dinner last night while watching "Friends".... sadly I get more American TV stations here than I do back home... ::shakes fist:: "DANG YOU BASIC CABLE!!!!"

Anyway... since I had the laptop with me, I was still able to write for my blog.

Here's the one from the first day of the trip:

Trail mix? Red Box? Pringles?
Whatever happened to peanuts on the plane?


It's 8 o'clock on Wednesday night, Ft. Myers times, of course. What better to do while on a A330 Airbus headed to Amsterdam, than to type up your next blog, while listening to the soundtrack to "Batman Begins" ? (courtesy of Mr. Joy Saquing... whether he knows it or not...)

I had an interesting flight from home to Detroit, or as my peeps there call it: "DDDDD-Town!"

Why was it interesting? Well... remember how I was REEEALLY fat when I left home earlier today? Yeah.. we'll, I'm still pretty much fat. Doug, bless his heart, took it upon himself to arrange the seats around me to be empty... for multiple reasons:

1.) He knew that I was going to be doing a lot of typing, and storyboarding for the upcoming videos on the plane, and of course wanted me to have enough room.

2.) He know that the odds of me being REEEALLY skinny by the time we left for our journey, were pretty slim (please... excuse the pun). Needless-to-say, he wanted my flight experience to be as FGA as possible.

3.) I got nothing...

Not to metioin the pat-down and search that I recieved trying to leave Ft. Myers... I'd go into details... but it's a part of my life that I'm trying to forget... besides... what happens in US Customs, STAYS in US Customs....

Here's the run down. While on the 3 hour flight from the Myers to DDDD-Town(!), we were pleasantly surprised to find that another flight had been canceled and the attendees needed to get on our plane. And of course, our flight was now PACKED to the gills.

Well, long story short... I guy walked up and proudly proclaimed: "Sittin' wit da BIG DAWG!!"
This is probably more amusing when you find out that I tend to call myself the "Big Dawg" on a regular basis.

For some reason, his name has COMPLETELY completely vanished from me. (Who's the magician now, tubby!?!)

Anyway, Doug and I talked to "Mr. X" for a good long while. Got to hear some of his story. X is from Kentucky. He is 36 years old and got divorced, just a little wile back, from his wife of 11 years. He has a 13 year boy who wants his ears pierced in the worst way. And a 10 year old girl, who already hates men. Sadly, X is no longer married, and flew down to spend some time with this girl who turned out to be not what he needed... good call...

At roughly 3:47pm (20 minutes after our flight took off, I learned another fun fact about X: dude can SLEEP hardcore on a tiny plane where he's scrunched up by the fat guy.

After a couple attempts to capture his picture without waking him up, I was able to do so:


Here, also, are some pictures from the inside of the outside.





For some reason, the guys weren't too hip to my "Those people look like ants" comment while were still on the ground. They were all "Um.. we haven't left yet!"

Really?

Who knew?

Here's the wing of the plane, in case you wondering what it looked like.




Here's X asleep... again:



Ever wanted to see Detroit? Yep.. in all it's glory. If you look closely, you can see Eminnem walking down 8 mile. "Everybody in the 313.....)




After three hours we finally made it to D-Town.

Soon thereafter Doug and I were on the sprint of our lives (imagine that... the Big Dawg sprinting!!!) Luckily, we made our connection flight on time.

Amsterdam, here we come!!


2 comments:

Sharon said...

hey slim,
enjoy reading your blog!!!!!! it made me smile!!
God bless you on your awesome journey!!!! it will be awesome!!
sharon ringo :)

Art Teacher said...

Does this guy know that you took his picture?
I let your dog out last night...he did not try to eat me and we had a good chat.
I told Laura that you updated your blog and she was excited!
Be blessed.