Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Boss...

This may just be pensive rambling of a bitter soul... could just be a random notion... could just be a proverbial wild hair up my proverbial rear-end...

BUT... I was driving to work yesterday. Doesn't seem to out of the ordinary, huh? Of course, I wasn't in my car, as it has just been finished... I was driving in the Bidwells (Laura's bosses) Toyota Highlander. One of the best features of their pimp wagon is SIRIUS satellite radio.

I've always thought to myself "Self, SIRIUS and XM aren't really that cool. They're pretty much, whatever. Who really needs 'em?"

Well, that was before I had one at my disposal. I've fallen in love with the comedy channel. It's 24 hours of stand-up comedy, and they play a TON of Mitch Hedberg which is AWESOME!

Anyway, there was and AD on (for being 'ad free' radio, there sure are a lot of ads!) for another channel. Channel 10.

My mind began to wander as I heard what came from the stock system in this g-ride. I heard that Bruce Springsteen now has HIS OWN channel on SIRIUS.



That's right, and channel that plays NON-STOP (except for the 'commercial-free' commercial breaks...) Bruce Springsteen music. Concerts, interviews, CDs... crazy.

I thought, "Man, what am I doing wrong? Is it no talent?" I'd like to think I'm kind of a decent guitar player, so hopefully that's out of the question.

"Is it for a lack of drive?"

No... I play my hind-quarters off every chance that I get.

"Is it my image?"

No, this picture (from my Springsteen archive.. you know, from when me and him hung out all the time...) pretty much proves that:



I mean, seriously... I'm strugglin' to just make a record that people will actually want to listen to and this dude gets his OWN TWENTY-FOUR HOUR channel on SIRIUS? I mean, I understand that he's 'The Boss' and all... but dang... can't a brother catch a break?

Yeah... here's a nerdy ending for you:

< / r a n t >


No comments: